Even if the R-devel build failed for a day, why does the tarball link/contain
the R 3.6 source then?

I update my R-devel install every few days automatically and would not notice
that I suddenly got R-release via that URL.
Rather I would prefer a 404 or (better) the latest successful R-devel build?

@Simon
Clarification would be appreciated.

Cheers, Patrick