I do same, including Rstudio (Cask).

Once in a while after major updates I need to reinstall all my extra
packages, so I have written me a little script along the lines of

        #!/usr/local/bin/Rscript
        local({
                r <- getOption("repos")
                r["CRAN"] <- "https://cloud.r-project.org/";
                options(repos = r)
        })
        install.packages(c(
                "RMariaDB", "rstudioapi"
        ))

made it 0755 and can run it from the command line. Put it in my
handbook so I don't forget and never looked back.

greetings, el