Thanks.  They eventually showed up.  What was weird was if you asked to check
for packages available to be updated,  they were listed,  but then failed on
the update.   I know nothing about how this system works  but it appears the
"list" of what is new is somehow separate from a file list on the server,  if
that is making any sense.  And this was true using the R-GUI as well as
RStudio,  and I think I tried 3 different repositories,  including R-Cloud.  So
that got me worried there was something nutty on my end.

Anyway,  thanks for the work.  One package had some things I particularly
wanted to check out.

-Roy