The rgl patch was accepted by CRAN an hour ago, so you should see it soon.

Duncan Murdoch

On 19/08/2021 8:57 p.m., Simon Urbanek wrote:
Duncan,

using that checkout I get

* checking package dependencies ... ERROR
Package suggested but not available: ‘webshot2’

but otherwise it works as advertised.

However, I just found out that there is another problem in R that rgl exposed.
Using non-session terminal:

png("/tmp/1.png", type="quartz")
plot(1)
Warning in axis(side = side, at = at, labels = labels, ...) :
   no font could be found for family "Arial"

so requests for fonts using Quartz-back-end without an UI session fail. It
works fine inside a session, but since checks are normally run without a
session that explains the check failures. I can run checks in a session, so I
think that's what I'll do for now.

Now, back to rgl - so checks can be run in a session, but oddly, rgl manages to
segfault XQuartz in the checks. I don't think it's rgl's fault - more likely
something in XQuartz (a TCP connection shouldn't be able to segfault the other
end...).

Anyway, so if you can post the fixed release I'd be happy the recompile and
publish manually.

Cheers,
Simon

PS: I found yet another problem - XQuartz has moved the location of fonts from
X11/lib to X11/shared so our fontconfig configuration in R needs to add that
directory as well. So all is all this has highlighted quite a few related
issues ;)