Desmond,

thanks for the report. There seem to be windows focus issue in Sonoma so I
would not recommend upgrading at this point. Hopefully this will be fixed in a
future macOS update (the .0 versions are notoriously flaky) - in the meantime
I'll see if there is any work-around we could do in R.

Cheers,
Simon