Hi Kevin,
I prefer Emacs with ESS. It is fairly easy to install, and includes syntax
highlighting and interfacing with R. The keyboard shortcuts are a little
awkward at first, but make life *much* easier in the long run. I've only
been using it for a few months, and I'm very happy with it.

Best,
Randy

On 12/5/05 5:07 PM, "Hai Lin" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hi R-Mac users:
>
>   I am using R in Mac OS 10.3.8 and I am trying to find an editor which is
> compatible with R in Mac. I recently bumped into Xcode for a few times in Mac
> when I directly opened scripts. Would Xcode be a good editor to learn? Are
> there a lot people use it?
>
>   I don't know what you use to edit your files. Can you recommend?
>
>   Thanks for any information.
>
>   Kevin

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Randall C Johnson