On Aug 31, 2010, at 10:38 PM, Philipp Brandt wrote:

        Dear all,

I have had trouble with R crashing during the startup. This has happened on two different mac laptops. An old 13" and a new macbook pro running 10.6.4.

Have you looked at the R-Mac-FAQ? Last entry suggests that you identify and delete the .RData file. (Oh wait, maybe that is what you are trying to follow.)

I have looked at the archive on the mailing list and other discussions, but non has helped, i.e. I could not find and .Rdata, history or workspace files.

This is the correct place to post, but because I know exactly where to find an answer for this on on R-help, I will use that archive:

https://stat.ethz.ch/pipermail/r-help/2010-September/251580.html

Since this has happened on two machines by now, help would be much appreciated, otherwise I will run out of money soon.

Many thanks in advance!

All the best, Philipp

P.S. I attach the problem report.

R-SIG-Mac mailing list