Hi Mac Gurus,

I have been searching the web trying to find out how to determine
if my Mac is "Nehalem-based".  I have not been able to find any discussion
about how to determine this, beyond something such as "Macs built in early 2009"
or similarly vague statements.

Does anyone know where I can find a description of which Intel chips in a Mac
constitute "Nehalem-based" and what R or Mac-OS scripts, commands etc
will yield information on the CPU chip in my Mac so I can make this
determination?

>From "About this Mac" I get the following information, but I'm unclear on
what if anything in such output will reliably show whether my Mac is
Nehalem-based.

Hardware Overview:

  Model Name:   Mac Pro
  Model Identifier:     MacPro4,1
  Processor Name:       Quad-Core Intel Xeon
  Processor Speed:      2.66 GHz
  Number Of Processors: 2
  Total Number Of Cores:        8
  L2 Cache (per core):  256 KB
  L3 Cache (per processor):     8 MB
  Memory:       32 GB
  Processor Interconnect Speed: 6.4 GT/s
  Boot ROM Version:     MP41.0081.B08
  SMC Version (system): 1.39f5
  SMC Version (processor tray): 1.39f5
  Serial Number (system):       H00230C320H
  Serial Number (processor tray):       C070183004XDCVHAX
  Hardware UUID:        482F1E2A-2588-5FA3-80AE-11BE11615B02

Any information appreciated

Steven McKinney

Statistician
Molecular Oncology and Breast Cancer Program
British Columbia Cancer Research Centre