Emmanuel, all-

I noticed today that a workspace I was working with had a random
number seed set in it, but didn't remember setting one. Finally, I
discovered the culprit was ace. Here's a reproducible example,
demonstrating that a seed exists after running ace:

library(ape)
tree<-rtree(10)
ace(1:10,tree)
.Random.seed

I am using ape 4.1, and it doesn't seem to be addressed in the
forthcoming version, given my reading of the changes log (but I might
have missed it). What's going? Why is a random number seed being set?

Cheers,
-Dave

--
David W. Bapst, PhD
Postdoc, Ecology & Evolutionary Biology, Univ of Tenn Knoxville