Here's a little more info that may be relevant: the tree is not supposed to
have negative dates. Although when I do is.ultrametric(tr) I get FALSE, I
have always been just ascribing that to lack of precision, in part because
it has never been a problem with OUwie().

*--*
*Rafael Sobral Marcondes*
PhD Candidate (Systematics, Ecology and Evolution/Ornithology)

Museum of Natural Science <http://sites01.lsu.edu/wp/mns/>
Louisiana State University
119 Foster Hall
Baton Rouge, LA 70803, USA