Hello,

I am wondering what comparative method(s) is appropriate for testing if
diversification rates are highest when two traits are present together,
rather than one alone? Specifically, if I have two binary traits, let's say
freshwater/marine and temperate/tropical, what is the best way to test if
diversification rates are highest in tropical+freshwater groups, as opposed
to tropical+marine or temperate+freshwater? I think MuSSE can do this, but
my tree is large so I want to avoid issues associated with rate
heterogeneity. Are there any alternatives?

--
Elizabeth Miller
PhD Candidate: Wiens Lab