Hello,

Personally, I would advise you not to use a tree, for your 2 traits times 2
(+/-) makes 4 combinations, meaning a tree that is dichotomic cannot reveal
anything!  Can you quantify your "diversification" without "rate"? How do you
obtain your  "diversification rates"? If it is something you can count, you may
try an old fashion Khi-square test… you would then know if there is a
correlation…

Have a nice day,

Benjamin