Hi Nick,

This can be fixed by editing the code of tiplabels() with the usual procedure:

    fix(tiplabels)

then find this line of code:

    tmp <- rect2polar(XX, YY)

and insert below the following one:

    if (lastPP$align.tip.label) tmp$r[] <- max(tmp$r)

save and close. Your commands work for me after this fix. You should then be able to add series of labels with increasing values of offset:

tiplabels(.... offset = 6)
tiplabels(.... offset = 8)
tiplabels(.... offset = 10)

Best,