Dear R-sig-phylo,

Does there exist a function to plot heatmaps at internal nodes of a tree? For
example, to illustrate support values from different phylogenetic analyses — ie
given a set of 3x3 matricies of support values for particular nodes.

It seems like there may be a partial (and definitely workable) solution here,
using ggtree—
https://rgriff23.github.io/2017/05/11/primate-phylogeny-ggtree.html
<https://rgriff23.github.io/2017/05/11/primate-phylogeny-ggtree.html>, if such
heatmaps are saved as raster images (about 1/2 way down). This may be the
easiest solution, but it would be preferable to keep everything in vector
format and all in R.

I guess I could do this by calling image() for the individual heatmaps and then
just linking them up to nodes of interest in illustrator (but that feels like
cheating).

Jake