De : R-sig-phylo <r-sig-phylo-boun...@r-project.org> de la part de Gabriel
Ferreira <spangh...@gmail.com>
Envoyé : jeudi 27 mai 2021 03:30
À : r-sig-phylo@r-project.org <r-sig-phylo@r-project.org>
Objet : [R-sig-phylo] If my trait X cannot be regressed by body size, how can I
rescue residuals corrected by the phylogeny and SE?

Hello all,

My questions follows this succinct introduction:

I have a data frame composed of: species, trait X values (means) and SE of
trait X for each species; AND the phylogeny with branch length of the
species.

I would like to know if it is possible to create residuals of the
distribution of trait X that "correct" by the phylogenetic relationship and
SE ??

My rationale followed the fact that its possible to create residuals that
includes SE and the phylogenetic relationship when a trait X is regressed,
for example by body size, therefore using something like:

USING *gls* from *nlme*:

gls(trait X ~ body size, correlation=corPagel(1, phy=tree), data=data,
method = "ML", weights= SE)

WHERE SE <- varFixed (~1/sqrt(traiX_SE))

But, if my trait X cannot be regressed by body size, how can I rescue
residuals corrected by the phylogenetic relationship and SE? Does it make
sense?

Thanks in advance!Hello all,

[...]

Gabriel