On 06/04/18 16:28, Matthew Flatt wrote:
> See "INSTALL.txt" at the top of the git repo and skip down to "The
> Whole Enchilada: Building Installers".

Thanks. I was just going through the docs Robby referenced as well. The
whole point was an attempt to build racket versions, which I use for
testing and development but with no places. However, probably due to the
server/client nature of the build, disabling places breaks the build.

Works on v6.12 tag:
make CONFIGURE_ARGS_qq='CFLAGS="-Og -Wall -g"' CPUS=16 installers

Fails on v6.12 tag:
make CONFIGURE_ARGS_qq='CFLAGS="-Og -Wall -g" --disable-places' CPUS=16
installers

But from the error message:
build/user/6.12/pkgs/at-exp-lib/scribble/base/reader.rkt:2:30:
collection not found

it's not obvious this is related to places.

--
Paulo Matos