I think the best way to start understanding `for/fold` is to look at
the steps it takes in the macro stepper. That will give you a sense
for what intermediate macros are used, and what the shape of the
resulting code is. Once you understand that for some examples, it will
probably be easier to read the code in for.rkt.

Sam