My personal/casual take on this:

There are language systems where you to need to run some
make-a-new-project tool -- even for a single source file.

In Racket you can create multi-file collections without needing such a
tool. Only at the point where you want to package it share with
others, do you maybe need a tiny info.rkt.

And I think the philosophy is that even this is sort of unfortunate,
and should be as minimal as possible. For example if it were feasible
to omit `deps` and `build-deps`, and have those automatically
determined (not automatically genreated in info.rkt), that would be
preferable. In many cases that would leave info.rkt containing only
metadata like `version`. I could imagine even that instead going in
main.rkt as a special identifier and/or submodule or whatever.

So I understand the manifesto as saying, even if it turns out to be
impractical short- or long-term, the ideal and the starting point
should be "no external tools and config files".

Also Racket has a macro system that means you probably never need to
resort to source-file-generating/munging tools, which can be a big
chunk of the ecosystem in some languages.