This is a quick update on the move of the racket-users mailing list from
mailman to google groups.

It’s now been about 3 1/2 weeks since the move, and there are mercifully no
major problems to report. The move has definitely cost us some members; we
started with something like 2K users (including both those signed up to mailman
and those signed up to the google group mirror), and we currently have about
700. After the move and the voluntary change of about 200 members, there were
about 1300 remaining to be moved. I’ve been inviting those members to join the
group in batches of 10, and I’m now up to 560.

One minor hiccup is that the invitations sent by Google *expire* after a week,
which is really irritating, because it turns out that having an expired
invitation is considerably worse than having no invitation at all, in that you
can’t sign up for the group even if you try. The solution appears to be to
manually *revoke* those invitations, which sounds mean but apparently puts you
back in the general public, and allows you to sign yourself up.

Regarding the mailing list mirrors; the mail-archive.org mirror has been
transitioned successfully. Gmane has not yet responded to my request; I’ll ping
them again.

Finally, please let me know if you have any problems with the new group, or if
you can suggest improvements.

Thanks!

John Clements