On Sat, May 2, 2015 at 4:00 PM, Geoffrey Knauth <ge...@knauth.org> wrote:
> On Friday, May 1, 2015 at 5:53:04 PM UTC-4, Greg Trzeciak wrote:
>> It's an old thread but just in case someone is looking for the answer Julia
>> has (now?) C API:
>> http://julia.readthedocs.org/en/latest/manual/embedding/
>
> I hesitate to mention connecting Racket to Fortran some day but I wonder if
> that's ever been done.  Nine years ago when I worked on parallel programming
> enhancements to Octave, the free MATLAB-workalike written in C++, Octave
> leaned heavily on Fortran scientific libraries that had been highly optimized
> over decades.  Julia is also speedy doing math.

I wrapped a bit of Fortran recently:

https://github.com/jkominek/lbfgsb/

I had to learn more about the Fortran ABI than I cared to, but it's
doable. If you needed to do a lot of it, it would be worth creating
something like ffi/fortran/unsafe with FFI types that map a bit more
directly to Fortran's types, and wrapping _fun with something that
know's about Fortran's quirks.

--
Jay Kominek