Yes, I guess it is a clipping issue. Along the same lines, I had wanted to
make a few plots with the same plot area, but these plots had different
width y-axis labels so plot-width and plot-height did not help (neither did
padding the smaller labels with "\u00A0").

Can I open some github issues for these? I'd be happy to label myself as
"responsible".