On Monday, August 17, 2015 at 9:07:15 AM UTC-7, Matthew Flatt wrote:
> That's an especially basic mistake, and it slipped by because low-level
> locks are rarely allocated in the run-time system. Place channels are
> probably the simplest way to trigger new locks, but the test that
> checks for leaks with place channels uses the GC's count.

Would it be worthwhile to hook up a tool like Valgrind for catching these sorts
of VM memory bugs to the Travis CI builds and tests of Racket? (Or is there
already some such process in the builds, in which case why didn't it catch
this?) From my limited experience with C, I've learned it's pretty much
impossible to expect any sane human to keep track of memory perfectly.