What happens when you run this program? Do you see the white brackets
at either (10,10) or (10,60) in the resulting window?

#lang racket/gui

(define (draw c dc)
  (send dc set-font (send the-font-list find-or-create-font 12
'default 'normal 'normal))
  (send dc draw-text "\u27e6\u27e7" 10 10)
  (send dc set-font (send the-font-list find-or-create-font 12
"Liberation Sans" 'default 'normal 'normal))
  (send dc draw-text "\u27e6\u27e7" 10 60))

(define f (new frame% [label ""] [width 100] [height 200]))
(define c (new canvas% [parent f] [paint-callback draw]))
(send f show #t)