I'm writing a Reversi/Othello game engine in Racket as a learning exercise.
Since my macbook pro has 4 cores and 8 hardware threads, I'd like to see what
sort of speedup I can get by parallelizing it.

I read through chapter 20 of the Racket Guide, and I *think* places may be more
suitable than futures for this task due to the fact that each compute unit will
be allocating memory for the next set of moves, etc.

Does that sound right? I suppose one place per core makes sense. I'm not sure
if hyperthreading warrants one place per thread.

In this case, I actually don't mind implementing both a futures and a places
engine to compare since I'm just trying to get better at Racket, but I'm
curious about the specific limitations of futures.

On a related note, are there any plans for other parallelizing mechanisms in
the future such as Erlang style processes?

Thanks,
Brian