At Mon, 05 Oct 2015 17:16:34 +0300, Dmitry Pavlov wrote:
> I am going to get you a stack trace.
> Am I correct that in order to get the stack trace, I have to rebuild
> Racket with -G and run it in gdb?

Racket builds with `-g` by default, but `make install` uses `strip`.
You could configure with `--enable-strip`, or just run
"build/racket/racket3m" directly. You might even get a useful stack
trace running the stripped version, since many function names are
preserved for access via dlopen().

> Here is another interesting thing that I was able to notice.
> As soon as I purged the "compiled" directories from the code tree,
> the crashes ceased. I did several consecutive successful runs.
> I ran just "racket myprogram", without "raco make" or DrRacket.
> Then I executed "raco make myprogram" -- and the very next run
> has crashed after ~7h of running.
>
> How do you think, does it make sense that stored bytecode can
> cause the crash or is it just a coincidence?

Yes, that's possible; the bytecode format is one thing that changed
with the new expander. The fixed bug related to the new expander had to
do with bytecode, but that one was about interrupting a bytecode load.

You might check whether the `-d` flag has any effect. That flag
disables on-demand bytecode loading.

Another possibility is that loading from source merely shifts
allocation patterns to mask an unrelated bug, but this directory sound
more promising than that, so far.