At Wed, 7 Oct 2015 02:11:08 +0200, Paolo Giarrusso wrote:
> On 7 October 2015 at 01:54, Sam Tobin-Hochstadt <sa...@cs.indiana.edu> wrote:
> > On Tue, Oct 6, 2015 at 7:50 PM, Paolo Giarrusso <p.giarru...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
> >> In addition, I get an error it without any line number — which is
> >> maybe a more subtle matter. Also DrRacket shows no line number.
> >>
> >> $ raco make client.rkt
> >> thunk: unbound identifier in module
> >>   in: thunk
> >>   compilation context...:
> >>
> /Users/pgiarrusso/AeroFS/Repos/racket-playground-bluevelvet/bug-with-signatures
> -and-macros/client.rkt
> >>   context...:
> >> [ the same ]
> >
> > That sounds like somewhere the source location is getting lost in the
> > unit macro, which is probably a bug.
>
> +1

Version 6.2.1 (and previous) didn't preserve source locations for
identifiers in macros when the enclosing module is compiled to
bytecode.

The next release preserves them. I get

 laptop% raco make /tmp/client.rkt
 base-sig.rkt:10:22: thunk: unbound identifier in module
   in: thunk
   compilation context...:
    /tmp/client.rkt
   context...:

with the current development version (and DrRacket similarly provides a
source location).