I’ve been toying with the idea of making an R7RS implementation in Racket, and
one of the things I’ve implemented is the R7RS `import` form. It’s very easy to
implement in Racket, and it works fine as far as I can tell, but I can’t figure
out how to get the special binding arrows to cooperate with it in DrRacket.

Right now, an import form looks like this:

   (import (racket base))

...and the expansion is this:

   (require racket/base)

I’ve been careful to ensure that the `racket/base` identifier in the expansion
has the same lexical context and source location as the (racket base) syntax
object in the original form. I can confirm that this works: after importing
(racket base), I can use all of the identifiers racket/base provides in my
module. However, when I hover over them, the binding arrows don’t show up.

What information do I need to include in my custom form so that the arrows
appear for bindings imported with `import`? How does DrRacket determine where
bindings are imported at if they’re required from another module?

Thanks,
Alexis