Short version:
show-scrollbars seems to be forcing my canvas object to call on-paint. The
problem is that on-paint contains calls to show-scrollbars and thus creates an
infinite loop.

Long version:
I have a canvas that displays an image and will enable or disable the
scrollbars based on how large the image is in relation to the current
dimensions of the canvas. On Linux and OSX the code operates as intended and
the user may resize the frame as much as desired with the scrollbars appearing
or disappearing when appropriate. On Windows, however, simply getting the
canvas to display the image will trap itself inside an infinite loop because
the calls to show-scrollbars is making the canvas call on-paint. I have
narrowed it down to specifically that procedure because removing those calls
from on-paint allows the canvas to display the image properly.

I have tried all kinds of combinations of suspend- and resume-flush but nothing
seems to change this behavior. For reference, the relevant lines may be found
here: https://github.com/lehitoskin/ivy/blob/master/base.rkt#L264-L310