This is well-timed, as I was wondering precisely the same thing myself just
yesterday. Atom recently gained support for ligatures, and I was trying out
Hasklig, since I normally use Source Code Pro as my monospace font. I tried it
out in DrRacket as well, and I was disappointed (though not surprised) to find
that the ligatures were ignored.

I don’t know how much effort it would take to add support for this in Racket’s
text rendering engine, but I think it would be a welcome addition, probably
for a lot more than just rendering pretty code ligatures.

Alexis