On Tuesday, January 26, 2016 at 6:55:26 PM UTC-5, Brian Adkins wrote:
> On Tuesday, January 26, 2016 at 6:52:14 PM UTC-5, olopierpa wrote:
> > On Wed, Jan 27, 2016 at 12:46 AM, Brian Adkins wrote:
> >
> > > Ok, this is odd, it works with both Chrome and Safari *if* they're not
> > > already open when (help filter) is evaluated. If they are already open,
> > > the URL is missing the anchor.
> >
> > In my case, the default browser is Chrome, and it was already open.
> >
> > > I *always* have Chrome open.
> >
> > Same here.
>
> It's likely an OSX problem. The following works from a terminal window
> whether Chrome is already open or not:
>
> osascript -e 'tell application "Chrome" to open location
> "file:///Applications/Racket%20v6.3/doc/reference/pairs.html?q=filter#%28def._%28%28lib._racket%2Fprivate%2Flist..rkt%29._filter%29%29"'

Oops, the above does *not* work if Chrome isn't open already - presumable
because there is no application to "tell".

That seems like a pain - I guess Racket would need to 1) determine the default
browser, 2) determine whether it's already running, then 3) if it is, use the
above method; otherwise, use whatever it does now which seems to work fine if
the browser *isn't* already open.