I am a Racket-using hobbyist. It surprises me that, according to the
observation, not many hobbyists are using Racket.

I did programming in a lot of languages, assemblers included, often creating
my own languages, even long before I met Scheme or Racket or other Lisp like
languages in which it is much easier to implement a new language.

Shortly after retiring, almost two decades ago, I decided to stick to Racket
(at that time PLT-Scheme). I use it to study my own ideas of making other
languages and to check that I am well understanding mathematical algorithms.

My work is not a big addition to Racket, but some of my tiny advices did
make it.

My next project is to transform program fragments considered bad in
 <https://docs.racket-lang.org/guide/performance.html?q=performance>
https://docs.racket-lang.org/guide/performance.html?q=performance
into code that would be accepted as good ones. Might be expensive at
expansion-time, but may improve run-time. Before starting this project I am
modifying my own Racket modules according to the advices in the above
reference. I must admit that much of my code makes offences against the
advices. Nevertheless it may help me to identify weak spots in poor code.

My 2 cents, Jos Koot