I’ve been dabbling in data analysis in Racket for the last few months, and one
thing that’s become immediately obvious is that we don’t have a nice notion of
a “table”.

I believe that the natural notion of a “table” here is more or less the same in
R and in databases: A table consists of a set of column names, and a set of
tuples with values for each of those columns.

After building my own and messing with it for a while, I basically rewrote it
as a front-end to sqlite3. So, for instance, you can create a table by writing

(make-table
  ‘(student qtr score)
  ‘((“janice” 2152 32.4) (“franklin” 2164 29.9) (“zongthar” 2174 9999.9))

… and then query it in a variety of useful ways.

1) has anyone else already built and released this, and I just couldn’t find it
in pkgs?

2) Is it worth building the functional-skinned interface, or is it easier just
to write lots of SQL code?

John