If you write

 (struct point (x y))

then `point` is bound as syntax that both expands to the `point`
constructor and provides static information about the point` structure
(as used, for example, by `match`).

You could avoid the indirection through syntax, sacrificing static
information, by adding `#:omit-define-syntaxes`:

 (struct point (x y) #:omit-define-syntaxes)

For what it's worth, I recommend avoiding `namespace-variable-value`.
There's usually a better way, but it depends on what you're trying to
do.