On Tuesday, October 18, 2016 at 9:44:56 AM UTC-4, Matthew Flatt wrote:
> Nightly builds are not currently signed, so Sierra doesn't like them.
>
> Try this: Using Finder, drag the DrRacket icon out of its folder. Then
> drag it back in place. Then try double-clicking DrRacket. (Yes, that's
> weird.)

Ha!  Fighting weirdness with weirdness.  I got it to work, but it was slightly
more complicated:

When I dragged the icon out of its folder to the Desktop, it created a link
instead.  I got rid of the link on the Desktop, since that wasn't what I was
aiming for.

When I dragged the icon *up*, to the level above where it was, and then back in
its folder, those moves worked (as moves), but double-clicking didn't work.
However, right-menu Open did work, and after that double-click worked, and
having it in my dock and clicking on it worked.

So I'm all set.  Thanks!