No this is reminding me that I need to think of my intended implementations and
this is not a worth while thing to implement at the terminal level and also a
case of prematurely attempting to optimize before dealing with the solution.

Intended implementation is I see a large part of this living on a server and
clients communicating to it through json requests.  So that right there limits
the usefulness of intercepting the key requests.

Also for heavier client side instances a possibility of implementing Sphinx for
speech recognition is a goal and at that point we are dealing with something
completely different.

Since the first part of the problem to solve is my ideas about Natural Language
Processing I need to stop getting distracted from focusing on that problem
which right now involves compiling a lot of data sets that I can quickly search
through and the only performance optimizations I should really be dealing with
at this stage is DB schema design for the linguistic data.

Ken