Sorry I didn't notice this until now.

Given:
- downloads.racket-lang.org is AFAIK the recommended download host to ask first
- it's still working
- it's already known to redirect to some other server
- tools/users like racket-travis already know to expect and follow redirects

It seems to me downloads.racket-lang.org can simply return a 302
Temporary Redirect to whatever download server happens to be working
this week. And change it back next week. And next month. It all keeps
working for all users. I think this is exactly the sort of situation
302s are intended for.

(As I mentioned above I think the current 301 Permanent Redirect is
mistaken. I believe it means, "Stop asking me about this resource --
forever.")