On Tuesday, February 21, 2017 at 3:12:50 AM UTC+8, lu wrote:
> Hi all, I have this little toy project[1] to help me learn the language. I
> would like to produce a single portable executable that can be executed
> without reliance on racket installation. `raco distribute` does produce a
> "package" folder. But for small utility tool like this, I would prefer a
> simple standalone executable file rather than a folder, so I can just drop it
> into a directory on `PATH` on the target machine and run it.

I don't think this is possible.  You have two options: create the distribution
(which you already did), or just install Racket and run the program from source
(on windows you can write a batch file to run the program using racket).

This situation is no different than in other languages such as Python, where
you would have to install the Python distribution to be able to run small
programs.

Best Regards,
Alex.