I have an editor-canvas A subclasses inside a vertical-panel subclass B
and below A there is another vertical-panel subclass C in B. C is shown
or hidden by removing and adding it via change-children in B.

However, even though A has stretchable-height set to #t, it does not
resize to fill the whole area of B automatically when the C is removed.
(C itself is not stretchable-height.)

I tried refresh but it didn't have any visible effect and on-size does
nothing by default. Is there a way to programmatically trigger the same
size calculation and display adjustment as when the panels/canvases are
created? Or do I have to do this manually?

Best,

Erich