I think we'll need to add something to make this work.

Maybe the simplest addition would be a style property on a part that
means "when rendering my label as a reference, don't make it a
hyperlink". Then, any hyperlinks in the label content would be
preserved in a reference to the section, effectively redirecting the
reference.