I see the same behavior as you with the v6.8 release.

The problem is related to cross-compilation and path conventions. A
cross-compiled build (such as the Windows distribution) starts with an
"info-cache.rktd" that has paths in Unix format instead of Windows
format, and `raco setup` (as run by `raco pkg update`) gets confused by
the differing conventions.

I think the solution is to avoid using platform-specific path
conventions in "info-cache.rktd", and I'll fix that for the next
release.

Meanwhile, I expect that you can repair the installation by deleting
"share/info-cache.rktd" and running `raco setup`. Alternatively, the
snapshot from Utah at

  http://www.cs.utah.edu/plt/snapshots/

should also behave correctly (and does for me), since that snapshot is
built on a virtual machine running Windows.