Essentially I was following htdp2e and at Chapter I second 3 I created a new
definitions file for the cars. I then got stuck because I apparently needed a
definition from section 2 for 'BACKGROUND' but I didn't realize it. That made
me think; because I'm doing this without an instructor I don't have other
people to go off of by looking at their DrRackets.

For the people who have followed the book, how long do you all keep the
definitions? Like one file for the whole book? or perhaps per chapter? I was
doing one file per section and now I think I need input from people who have
done this successfully.