Unfortunately, event "codes of conduct" started, in part, as reactions to actual bad behavior at some (non-Racket) events.

I agree that RacketCon doesn't need a code of conduct to tell people how to behave. But people relatively new to Racket might not know that. Hence, the conventional "code of conduct", or maybe simply a statement that affirms that everyone is welcome.

For all I know, the following might suffice as a welcoming statement. :)