Yes, you can use DrRacket to debug the file at
collects/db/private/sqlite3/connection.rkt. That one is likely the most
relevant one for you.

Alternatively, you could wait till Racket 6.10 is released which is very soon I
think. The bug fixes to the db library might reveal the correct error message
being generated by SQLite3.