Matthew,

Putting those together, and using `current-namespace` so that both
`eval-syntax` and check-module-form` use the same namespace:

Thanks, that works!

At least to the point of not getting any error message. I can't say if a module is actually defined. A plain

  (require 'anonymous-module)

fails ("unknown module"). I tried changing the name by manipulating the s-expression returned by read-syntax, but I am never able to instantiate the module that was presumably defined by eval under that name. Is this perhaps one of those "your-identifier-is-not-from-the-scope-you-think-it-is" problems?

Konrad.