> Another thing you can look at is my Rackterm package[1].

Wow, that's nifty. :)

> Still, I'm also interested in the original question:  if I wanted an
> interactive GUI terminal in Racket, what's the best way to do it?

Fair. Will's RacketTerm project looks like a good resource. Another
resource I think is very helpful is Matthew's `slideshow/repl`
package: https://github.com/mflatt/slideshow-repl

Specifically, it shows you how you can make a repl text in an editor%
in a frame%. Specifically, I would recommend checking out:

`slideshow/private/editor.rkt` in that repo. The two classes
slide:text% and repl-text% (lines 58-368) should show you how to get
started.

The mrlib/terminal library is cool, but it hasn't been touched for 5
or so years.

~Leif Andersen