The transformation that `#lang web-server` does to make serializable
continuations is very invasive, moving things around every-which-way.
I did not try to preserve using the apparent binding occurrence as the
actual binder, so the arrows are odd. I did a little experiments this
morning and couldn't find an easy way to fix the arrows. If someone
wanted to invest in this, I could point them in the right direction,
but I don't plan on spending much more time on it.

On Sat, Sep 9, 2017 at 3:03 PM, Philip McGrath <phi...@philipmcgrath.com> wrote:
> I've been noticing some strange binding arrows in DrRacket when using #lang
> web-server. In the following (obviously contrived) example, hovering over
> the first use of `term` shows an arrow to the second use, hovering over the
> second use of `term` shows an arrow from the first use and an arrow to the
> third use, and hovering over the third use shows an arrow from the second
> use.
>
> Changing the language to `#lang web-server/insta` shows the arrows I'd
> expect: A binds B and C.
>
> #lang web-server
>
> (define (start term) ;; A
>   (send/suspend/dispatch
>    (λ (embed/url)
>      `(p (a ([href ,(embed/url (λ (req) (displayln term)))] ;; B
>              [class "search-results-csv"]
>              [download ,(string-append term "-search-results.csv")]) ;; C
>             "Save Results " (i "(.csv)"))))))

-=[     Jay McCarthy               http://jeapostrophe.github.io    ]=-
-=[ Associate Professor        PLT @ CS @ UMass Lowell     ]=-
-=[ Moses 1:33: And worlds without number have I created; ]=-