> On Sep 17, 2017, at 5:34 AM, Konrad Hinsen <konrad.hin...@fastmail.net> wrote:
>
> Did anyone consider to implement something like sketch-n-sketch for Racket
> picts?
>
>  https://ravichugh.github.io/sketch-n-sketch/
>
> The idea is to combine interactive manipulation and programmatic construction
> in an intelligent way. This could help a lot for simplifying the kind of
> picts that are difficult to do purely programmatically.

We have thought of this. We may work on it.

> On Sep 17, 2017, at 4:58 AM, Gour <g...@atmarama.com> wrote:
>
>> — my use of scribble is restricted to a few papers with PhD students
>>      and How to Design Programs/2e.
>
> Have you served it well for HtDP2e?

Yes, in principle. Even though Scribble is in its infancy compared to
LaTex/TeX,
Scribble gets many things right as a PL that LaTeX/TeX got wrong. Plain wrong.
(Knuth was an amateur when it came to PL.)

Maintaining source code so that you can target both the Web and a MIT P is
extremely difficult, however, in both systems.

If you want to write a long-ish (es. non-technical) piece, consider Pollen.

> Maybe I should mentioned that I do non-technical presentations…

If you need individualized but similar diagrams and slides, Pict and Slideshow
are for you.