> On Sep 19, 2017, at 5:38 PM, Byron Davies <byrondav...@starshine.us> wrote:
>
> Right.  My understanding increases bit by bit.
>
> I’m using response/xexpr, which — unlike your xexpr->html — doesn’t
> special-case script and style tags. Funny, I had read through your txexpr
> docs, but the special-casing of script and style didn’t jump out at me at the
> time, and I had forgotten it by the time I needed it.

Ah yes, so it does.

As default behavior of `response/xexpr`, that seems somewhere between iffy and
wrong. There's a mismatch between its default mime-type of "text/html", and its
use of `xexpr->string`, which produces XML, not the promised HTML.

IIRC this mime-spoofing technique was used the early oughts to fool browsers
into accepting XHTML. [1] But it's since been deprecated. [2]

[1] https://www.w3.org/MarkUp/2004/xhtml-faq#texthtml
<https://www.w3.org/MarkUp/2004/xhtml-faq#texthtml>

[2] https://hixie.ch/advocacy/xhtml <https://hixie.ch/advocacy/xhtml> (search
for heading "Why trying to use XHTML and then sending it as text/html is bad")