I was debugging some student code today, and I was momentarily thrown by a
message that said “both tests passed!” when most of the code was not getting
run. It turned out that there was an error being signalled during the
evaluation of the expected value. To see this, try this code in beginner:

(check-expect (+ 1 2) 3)
(check-expect (+ 3 4) 7)
(check-expect (+ 4 4) (/ 1 0))
(check-expect (+ 4 5) (/ 1 0))

(+ 4 129387)

You’ll see a message indicating “both tests passed!”, which is pretty
misleading. Is this the desired behavior? Is this a known bug that’s waiting
for the return of Kathy Gray?

John