Sorry, bumped 'send' by mistake

Imagine I do this:

    (struct fruit (num))
    (define (foo) (make-list 100000000 (fruit 7)))
    (define (bar) (map (compose add1 fruit-num) (foo)))

    (submit-job! (thunk (bar)))

I think that the above is roughly equivalent to doing this:

    (thread (thunk (bar) (sleep <arbitrarily large number>)))

If I'm understanding things correctly, the structs that were created
in (foo) will be up for garbage collection when (bar) exits, even
though the worker thread continues to run.  Is that right?